Welcome to my third year of keeping a photo journal, where I add a photo each week of the Chinese Zodiac Year. Links to my previous journals for the Year of the Tiger and the Year of the Rabbit are below on the right.
Why have I used a Welsh Dragon on my banner? Well, our family is more than half Welsh - Mike is Welsh and grew up in South Wales, and my paternal Grandfather was Welsh, although he moved to Australia as a child. I like the amalgamation of our Welsh heritage with our current life in China.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Week 20 - Xintiandi

Sort of out of the blue, an old buddy of Mike's from uni days contacted him and said he would be in Shanghai for a weekend... we met up for lunch at my favourite Hunan restaurant, Di Shui Dong, and then thought we had better show him something touristy in Shanghai.  So we went to the relatively recently rejuvenated show case area of Xintiandi and went to the Shikumen Open House Museum.

I always enjoy going through this museum, and this time, instead of focussing on the structure and architecture, took this photo of the desk in the study. I love the blue and white ink pot and the old family photo.

It's quite amazing really to see the old style houses in Shanghai, even if they have become a bit sterile in the renovations.

No comments:

Post a Comment