Welcome to my third year of keeping a photo journal, where I add a photo each week of the Chinese Zodiac Year. Links to my previous journals for the Year of the Tiger and the Year of the Rabbit are below on the right.
Why have I used a Welsh Dragon on my banner? Well, our family is more than half Welsh - Mike is Welsh and grew up in South Wales, and my paternal Grandfather was Welsh, although he moved to Australia as a child. I like the amalgamation of our Welsh heritage with our current life in China.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Week 53 - I'm famous, for fifteen minutes anyway...

I entered an Instagram photo competition through Time Out Shanghai, to capture the essence of Shanghai.  I entered a couple of pictures, but one which was selected as a finalist was the last sunrise of 2012, from my bedroom window over Pudong.  We went to a glamorous cocktail party at Char Bar at the Indigo Hotel, on the Bund to see who the winner would be.  
I didn't think it would be me, but it was.

This was my winning picture... The judges said: 
This photographer exploits the limitations of their phone's camera to great effect.  The sun is dropping through the sky like a blow torch - Sam Gaskin, artinfo


No comments:

Post a Comment