Welcome to my third year of keeping a photo journal, where I add a photo each week of the Chinese Zodiac Year. Links to my previous journals for the Year of the Tiger and the Year of the Rabbit are below on the right.
Why have I used a Welsh Dragon on my banner? Well, our family is more than half Welsh - Mike is Welsh and grew up in South Wales, and my paternal Grandfather was Welsh, although he moved to Australia as a child. I like the amalgamation of our Welsh heritage with our current life in China.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Week 31 - Day up high for Didi and Me

Because Didi is starting full time school for the first time, to ease him in gently for the first two weeks he only has to go until 1pm, and in the first week, only every second day... so to make the most of our last day together, we decided to go up the Oriental Pearl Tower in Lujiazui.  Since I was last up there 4 years ago (when I was pregnant with Didi), they have added this sensational glass floor which is on an outside balcony.  I tell you, I never thought I suffered from a fear of heights, but my tummy leapt into my throat.  Didi wasn't very comfortable either as he reverted to crawling on the glass not walking. This photo just doesn't look real, and when I was taking it I couldn't look at what I was doing, but I love how it has turned out looking straight down the main pole of the Tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment